Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
My Saved Courses: 0 items

Study With Us

We offer a huge range of courses to suit all ages, abilities and aspirations

Part-time Level 3 Qualifications in Assessment

Course Name 
Part-time Level 3 Qualifications in AssessmentAvailable for Enquiries
Course Details
Location Workplace
Location Wakefield College
Level Level 3
Start Date Various - continuous rolling programme
Duration 6-10 months depending on qualification
Mode of Study Part time
Awarding Body City & Guilds
Offering Code CTL3AVA1

Course Overview This suite of qualifications replaces the previous A1 and A2 vocational assessor awards. They reflect the assessment requirements of qualifications within Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and provide practitioners with recognition, through qualification, of excellence in assessment practice.
What you will Study

The Level 3 qualifications for assessment consist of four separate qualifications:-

Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment – a knowledge-only award for those who are starting their journey as an assessor, or aspire to become an assessor but are not currently practising.

Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment – for practitioners who assess the demonstration of competence in a work environment using the following assessment methods:  observation, examining work products, oral questions, discussion, etc.

Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement – for practitioners who assess knowledge and/or skills in vocationally related subject areas who use the following assessment methods:  assessment in simulated environments, skills tests, oral and written questions, assignments, projects, etc.

Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement – for practitioners who may use ALL of the above assessment methods based on sound assessment methods.

How you will Learn You will receive individual coaching and support that will enable you to put together a portfolio of evidence to prove your competence in assessment practice.
How you will be Assessed You will be assessed by a variety of methods, including professional discussion, verbal questions and answers, observation of you working with your learners by your tutor, etc.
Entry Requirements

There are no entry requirements for the Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment.

The remaining three qualifications require you to have vocational qualifications and relevant practical experience in the vocational area you wish to assess.

You will also need access to at least two learners who are currently working towards vocational qualifications, or being assessed against in-house standards.

Attendance Expectations

You should be able to complete this award in 8 - 10 months.

You need to attend an initial induction session of one-and-a-half hours. During your induction an individual support package will be agreed with you for the remainder of your programme.  The package will involve you attending meetings with your assessor, and being observed in your workplace.  This support will enable you to construct your evidence portfolio.

Fee Information

Course fees:

Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
TBC*
Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
TBC*
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
TBC*

*There is an additional charge of £143 per month for every month over the enrolment period.

If you are aged between 19 to 23 and you have not already achieved a full level 3 (or above) qualification, then your course may be free.

If you are aged over 19 and have achieved a full level 3 qualification or are aged over 24 you are probably eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan from the government to cover your tuition fees.

For more detailed information on financial support please contact the Financial Support Team on 01924 789304.

You can also get more details by going to: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/overview.

Different fees apply to international/overseas students

Financial Support Information

You can also get more details about the loan by going to: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/overview.

Further Study You may be interested in the Level 4 qualifications for Quality Assurance, or Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector qualifications. See Wakefield College's part-time prospectus or Higher Education prospectus for details.
Career Opportunities These are essential qualifications for anyone assessing, or wishing to assess, vocational qualifications accredited within the QCF framework, and who does not hold the D32/D33 or A1 (with proof of currency).
How to Apply

Please complete a part-time application form.

If you require an application form please contact Course Information on 01924 789111.

For Further Details

Please contact Business Development on 01924 789761 or email businessdevelopment@heartofyorkshire.ac.uk

Open Events

To see our upcoming Open Events and to sign-up for priority entry, please click here:  https://www.heartofyorkshire.ac.uk/latest/events/

Case Study

"I enrolled with the College in the 1990’s to complete the Assessors Award and then later to complete the CPP qualification – both of which started my career in Learning and Development.  The tutors were all very encouraging and actually influenced my career direction into Learner Development.

"I did find it hard balancing family life, trainer assessing, my own company and learning!  But having said all of that, I really enjoyed it – I felt like I was really achieving something.  Not only am I now back in the classroom with Wakefield College studying on the PCET course, but I am also working as an associate for the College alongside the tutors that helped me with achieving my past qualifications!  I feel that it is absolutely necessary to upgrade your skills, especially if you are in a training role. 

"I am definitely a different person and in a different place than when I started.  I’d definitely recommend someone to continue learning – it keeps you going and your mind active – Just do it!"

Course Groups (W) Professional Course
Course Groups (W) Work-based Learning
Course Groups (W) Services to Business
Subject Area (W) Teacher Training
Client Group (W) 19+
Search Ref (W) 58343
Website Ref (W) 031X8Z9CYN
Website Ref (W) ZQKZ2B344R
Website Ref (W) 816L0X3FED
Website Ref (W) 578PIIN6NE
Website Ref (W) JG78VD2Y73
Information last amended: 21 September 2023 10:38

Forthcoming Open Events
Jun
15
Open Event

10.00am, Saturday, 15 June, 2024

Wakefield College & Castleford College